We regularly receive requests to buy a Peta-pico-Voltron power supply. The idea of project Peta-pico-Voltron and of this website is to enable engineers to assemble their own power supply. Yet we understand that not all end-users of a Peta-pico-Voltron high voltage power supply have the knowhow, time, or interest to solder electronic components and program micro-controllers.
Hence we have decided to provide a soldering/programming/calibration service, for researchers who would like to get a fully functional device without the having to assemble one. The hvps-x high voltage power supply is not a commercial product. It hasn’t gone through certification and must be considered as a research instrument. Hence, we are not selling hvps-x units, but are providing an assembly and calibration service. This is an important difference.
Get in touch with us at email@example.com and tell us what you desire, and we provide you with a quotation. Below is an example of what we can do. It includes everything and you will get a device that works out of the box. Contact us for exact prices, as components cost is fluctuating.
Prices do not include shipping. Shipping from new New Zealand is unfortunately quite pricey. Indicative price: NZD 90 (~Eur 50) for a delivery to Europe with the cheaper service. Prices also do not include local import sales (GST/VAT) and/or import taxes that you may have to pay on your end.
This is the all-inclusive option. You get a fully functional unit with calibration and functional report and a back-up configuration file.
- All components and the printed circuit board.
- Soldering of the surface mount devices
- Testing that the microcontroller, flashing the firmware, and performing the initial configuration
- Soldering the low-voltage through-hole components
- Testing the low-voltage side of the board
- Soldering the high voltage components, including shielding the high voltage DC-DC converter
- Testing of the high-voltage components
- Potting the high voltage section of the board with a 3D printed enclosure and silicone elastomer
- Calibration of the output of the power supply with a high voltage probe. Measurement of the output over 21 different voltage and storing the parameters of the best calibration method in the unit. You are providing with a back-up file of the settings, and all the calibration data.
- Measurement of the voltage regulation PID and the switching speed of the optocouplers. Graphs of results provided.
- Includes required accessory to use the hvps-x:
- International 12V power supply with multi-blade input.
- Pair of 5kV (or >5kV for 6kV hvps-x) wires with 2mm banana plug and crocodile clip termination. 1 black, 1 red.
- USB micro cable
- 3D printed protection enclosure.
Price: NZD 1630 / ~EUR 895
What we have in stock
At the moment (Dec 2023), we have:
- A 5kV unit fully assembled and calibrated (can be shipped within a few days)
- The components for a 4kV unit (can be assembled in ~ 2 weeks)
- For other voltage values, it takes about 3-4 weeks as we need to order the components.